- Gratis afhentning og aflevering ved havnen inkluderet
- Alle entréer inkluderet
- Informativ, venlig og professionel guide
- En oplevelse for livet
You will then arrive at Hobbiton, the movie set location for the village in the Lord of The Rings films. Here, you will be met by your private guide for an informative tour around the movie set location. Stand under the party tree, walk past the Hobbit holes, imagine yourself among the characters. Nestled deep in the rolling hills of the Waikato, this location was chosen for it unblemished landscape.
Leaving Hobbiton, the journey takes you through the Mamaku Ranges, past ancient forests and over the rim of the volcanic crater which now forms the lake of Rotorua. After passing through the city of Rotorua and some of the famous landmarks such the Rotorua Bath House and Government Gardens, arrive at Whakarewarewa - Te Puia, the home of the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute and the location of the famous Pohutu geyser.
Visit a carving school and see craftsman fashion traditional wood carvings, then move on to watch Maori women demonstrate flax weaving. A short walk takes the group through the geothermal valley of Whakarewarewa to view the mud pools, the famous Pohutu geyser and hot pools that make Te Puia unique. See New Zealand's iconic flightless bird, the Kiwi in a purpose built Kiwi-house. Explore the recreated traditional Maori fortified village.
Seats are reserved for the group to see a Maori Cultural Performance; this is given on the Marae, in one of the few fully carved meeting houses in New Zealand, a place of special spiritual significance to Maori. Here you will see the traditional songs, dances and demonstrations of fighting skills [including the Haka] performed.
Finally, depart Rotorua for the return to Tauranga to rejoin the ship. A stop is provided where you can buy something at a local cafe for lunch (own expense).
Please note that sometimes the order of the tour is reversed to suit the ships arrival and departure times.
Vælg en måned for at se kalenderen over tilgængelighed og afgangstider.
Klik på linket nedenfor for at se pris og ledige pladser på din foretrukne rejsedato. Vores priser opdateres konstant for at sikre, at du altid får den lavest mulige pris.
Home Sweet Home
- Entrance fee to Hobbiton and tour
- Entrance fee to Te Puia and concert
- A tankard of Hobbit ale at the Green Dragon
- Comfortable air-conditioned transport
- Experienced, professional and fun guide
- Food and drinks however time is allowed to have lunch at a local cafe or Hobbiton if required
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour includes walking, with some inclines and steps on unmade paths
- This tour is not suitable for wheelchair users due to the paths at Hobbiton
- Infants 0 to 3 may travel FOC if seated on a parents lap. Infant rate applies if a seat is required
Hvis du afbestiller mellem 3 og 6 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 50%.
Hvis du afbestiller 2 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 100%.