- Tur for mindre gruppe
- Nyd en dag væk fra storbyens travlhed og jag
- Oplev fortiden på en historisk tur
- Gratis afhentning og aflevering ved hotel inkluderet
- Få insidertips fra en lokal
First stop is about 45 minutes down the road at the farm of a traditional Zapotec corn farmer. With turkeys, donkeys, chickens and perhaps an oxen or two milling about, he’ll explain how he teases corn from the red soil with a plow design that dates back to the 1500’s and 200 generations of farming knowledge in his family. We might even lend a hand, shucking, de-kernelling or contributing to the laughter. There will be time to chat and absorb this unique world, which clearly isn’t Kansas anymore!
Next, a country road takes us to a village with an old red-stone church. You’ll meet a family of traditional potters, all women, who learned from their mothers and grandmothers going back countless generations. Using techniques little changed in thousands of years they’ll show us how a comal is made, the essential clay griddle that sits over the fire and on which tortillas are cooked.
Then a drive through fields of agave to another village where you’ll visit a woman who hand-makes tlayudas for a living. Tlayudas are enormous, firm, corn tortillas unique to Oaxaca. Nearby we’ll visit the home of a village cook and walk with her to the mill to make masa, the corn dough that we’ll then use for making our own tortillas over a hot comal. Harder than it looks, but flat or wrinkled, they’ll still be an excellent part of a home cooked meal with our village chef.
You’ll wrap up the day by visiting a stone mason and seeing how metates, or corn grinding stones, are made. This has been a trade in this village for the last 2,000 years and is still going strong.
When it’s all said and done you’ll have spent the day visiting, tasting and joyfully learning the way into the culture of Oaxaca and the heritage of Mexico, traveling beyond the standard tourist routes and, while learning about Mexico’s food of the soul, you’ll also meet the big-hearted, deeply-rooted people that are this country’s heart.
Vælg en måned for at se kalenderen over tilgængelighed og afgangstider.
Afhentning på hotellet begynder ca. 30 – 60 minutter inden dette tidspunkt
Klik på linket nedenfor for at se pris og ledige pladser på din foretrukne rejsedato. Vores priser opdateres konstant for at sikre, at du altid får den lavest mulige pris.
Discovering delicious things...
- Demonstrations and hands-on tortilla making
- Home cooked lunch
- Professional, bi-linguial guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
Hvis du afbestiller mellem 3 og 6 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 50%.
Hvis du afbestiller 2 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 100%.