- Fleksibilitet til at tilpasse rejseplan til egne præferencer
- Lille gruppe sikrer personlig service
- Privat tur foregår kun med din gruppe og en guide/chauffør
Enjoy a coffee in the Piazza del Duomo before travelling up into the marble quarries of Carrara to discover vast amphitheatres of cut rock for spectacular views and delve into cavernous tunnels that open out into marble cathedrals. An immense cultural and historical patrimony, these mountains were first exploited by Julius Caesar and have supplied artists from Michelangelo to Henry Moore.
Before your marble tour, stop to enjoy lunch in quarryman's village of Colonnata, renowned for its lard cured in huge marble vats. There are two tours you can choose from. Either take a guided tour to visit the inside of a working quarry (10 Euro per person) which lasts around 40 minutes where you are taken into the heart of the Apuan Alps to discover a marvellous quarry carved deep inside the mountains of an almost lunar appearance with vast and cavernous rooms. The first section is conducted from a small tour bus and once inside the Ravaccione Quarry, know as the Marble Cathedral, you will be talked through the process of cutting and pulling marble blocks and you will see the working machinery (this is still an active quarry). A truly unforgettable experience with ancient origins stemming from the 2nd century BC.
Or you may wish to join a thrilling 4x4 guided tour (10 Euro per person) travelling through a network of 30 open-air active quarries arriving at Quarry No 83, Canalgrande Alto, at an altitude of almost 1000m above sea level. Here, the scenery is almost lunar with views over the coast and the Ligurian sea. On the quarry site your tour guide will give you detailed information about methods and stages of excavation, from cutting to loading huge marble blocks on top of the trucks right in front of your eyes. Along the way, you will see where the exciting James Bond chase scene was filmed in Quantum of Solace.
As we travel back to your ship, stop at a family-run vineyard to enjoy an afternoon wine-tasting in Colli di Luni, an area renowned for its Vermentino white wine (15 Euro per person). Arrival back in Livorno is at around 1700.
Vælg en måned for at se kalenderen over tilgængelighed og afgangstider.
Klik på linket nedenfor for at se pris og ledige pladser på din foretrukne rejsedato. Vores priser opdateres konstant for at sikre, at du altid får den lavest mulige pris.
The Carrara Marble Quarries
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- 4x4 Marble Tour
- Quarry Tour
- Wine Tasting
- Some art studios may charge a small entry fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- This tour is priced by the group
Hvis du afbestiller mellem 3 og 6 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 50%.
Hvis du afbestiller 2 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 100%.