- Bliver hurtigt udsolgt
- Lille gruppe sikrer personlig service
- Afhentning ved hotel inkluderet
- Middag inkluderet
- Gratis drinks inkluderet
After your pickup in Hilo (anywhere within city limits), watch as your transport passes lush green flora and moonscape lava fields. As the car turns onto the Saddle Road, which travels the island between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, you’ll see a dramatic and diverse landscape of ranch land, sub-alpine forest and rainforest (with striking features such as cinder cones, lava flows, lava tubes and kipuka).
You will first spend some time acclimating at the 9,200 foot level while enjoying hot soup. After dinner and with a provided jacket in hand, you'll make the 45 minute drive to the summit. As your make your way up, listen to the guide’s interpretation of Hawaii’s remarkable natural, cultural and geologic history.
Once at the summit, soak in spectacular views of the horizon, Haleakala on Maui, Mauna Loa and Hualalai. Mauna Kea’s summit is also home to a world-class array of telescopes.
After sunset, you will descend to the Visitor’s Information Station at 9,000 foot elevation for a special stargazing show from volunteer astronomers. Wrapped warm in provided Arctic parkas, you'll enjoy hot beverages and cookies while marveling at the brilliance of the Hawaiian night sky. Your guide will share stories of the observable universe, and offer you a personal and educational look at the heavens. You'll then be returned to your original Hilo location.
Seneste billeder af denne tur
Vælg en måned for at se kalenderen over tilgængelighed og afgangstider.
Klik på linket nedenfor for at se pris og ledige pladser på din foretrukne rejsedato. Vores priser opdateres konstant for at sikre, at du altid får den lavest mulige pris.
Mauna Kea Summit Adventure
- Small-group tour
- Bottled Water, Hot coco, Fleece Hooded Jackets, Hot Ramen Noodle Soup Dinner or Miso Soup for Vegitarian
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Guests should be able to walk on uneven or rocky terrain
- Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy, or poor health
- Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers. No diving within 24 hours of going to Mauna Kea summit
- Children must be 13 years or older to go to the summit of Mauna kea. Children 12 years old and younger are welcome to join this tour; they will remain at the laser star show done by the telescopes
- If anyone appears to be having a hard time with the altitude, it is to the guide's judgment if you can continue to the summit. If the guide feels it is a safety concern, you will be brought back down to the visitor center while the rest of the group continues the sunset portion of the tour. You may then join the group again for the stargazing. Please note: No refunds in this case
- Alcohol is not allowed on this tour. If you are intoxicated at the time of departure the guide has the right to refuse service of the tour to any that are intoxicated due to the safety of you and others. There is no refund in this case
- If the summit road is closed, all guests will be contacted and either be rescheduled or fully refunded. Most stormy days are predictable, however, like any high mountain, there can be unpredictable and fast changing weather. If the rangers have closed the summit road for safety, we may have to change the plan a bit to make the most of the trip
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Hvis du afbestiller mellem 3 og 6 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 50%.
Hvis du afbestiller 2 dag(e) før den planlagte afgang, er der et afbestillingsgebyr på 100%.