- Tæt samvær med naturen og dyrene
- Alle skatter, brændselsafgifter og servicegebyrer inkluderet
- Alle entréer inkluderet
- Informativ, venlig og professionel guide
- Ledes af en lokal guide
- Perfekt introduktion for førstegangsbesøgende
Departure from Arusha will be at around 7:30am for Londorossi gate, about 4 hours, where you will complete entry formalities. Then drive to the Lemosho trailhead (another hour to reach the trailhead). Upon arrival at trailhead, eat lunch, then commence through undisturbed forest which winds to the first camp, only about 3-4 hours of trekking. Overnight at Forest Camp.
DAY 2 FOREST CAMP ~ SHIRA 1 CAMP (3,720 m)
Once out of the forest, take a steep track into a Savannah of tall grasses, heather, and volcanic rock draped with lichen beards. Ascend through the lush rolling hills below the Shira plateau, finally reaching camp at the edge of the plateau.
DAY 3 SHIRA 1 CAMP ~ SHIRA 2 CAMP (3,950 m)
Full day exploration of the Shira plateau; Trek east toward Kibo’s glaciered peak, with the option to visit the ancient collapsed Shira cone, the oldest of Kilimanjaro’s three volcanoes. Arrive at Shira 2 camp. Shira is one of the highest plateaus on earth, averaging 12,500 feet.
DAY 4 SHIRA 2 CAMP ~ BARRANCO CAMP (3,950 m)
Proceed steadily upward over expansive ridgelines of high desert to Lava Tower, for lunch. In the afternoon, descend the steep track into the Great Barranco Valley. Barranco Camp is set in a valley enclosed on three sides with the massive valley walls and the Kibo massif itself. Hanging glaciers glint in the sunshine above, amidst the eerie landscape of plants such as the giant groundsels (Senecio Kilimanjari), and the uniquely endemic Giant Lobelia.
DAY 5 BARRANCO CAMP ~ BARAFU CAMP (4,630 m)
The day begins with a scramble up the steep ‘Barranco Wall’, then traversing up and down the slopes of valleys which have carved their way into the mountain’s southern face. In the afternoon the trail turns steadily uphill. The temperature will grow colder and the landscape more sparse as we near Barafu Camp. Barafu Camp is set on a small, exposed flat area on a ridge, acting a base camp from which you will make your summit attempt at midnight tonight.
DAY 6 BARAFU CAMP ~ UHURU PEAK ( 5,895 m) ~ MWEKA CAMP ( 3,110 m)
The steaming hot drink will arrive very early on this momentous day. A midnight wake-up call is the start of a juggernaut. You begin trekking at 1am. After about 6 hours of walking, you will come to the edge of the crater; Stella Point, at 19,000 feet on the crater rim is the end of the steep track. After a short time at the summit, descend the steep scree trail back to Barafu Camp for some rest, then summon your strength again for further descent to Mweka Camp for the night.
DAY 7 MWEKA CAMP ~ MWEKA GATE (1,830 m)
Descend straight to the gate where you’ll have lunch and will be awarded climbing certificates.
Vælg en måned for at se kalenderen over tilgængelighed og afgangstider.
Afhentning på hotellet begynder inden dette tidspunkt. Du skal kontakte den lokale turarrangør for at få det nøjagtige afhentningstidspunkt bekræftet.
Klik på linket nedenfor for at se pris og ledige pladser på din foretrukne rejsedato. Vores priser opdateres konstant for at sikre, at du altid får den lavest mulige pris.
Barafu camping on the Lemosho route
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Accommodation as per itinerary (bed and breakfast on the first night)
- Bottled water
- Airport transfers
- Transport by private vehicle
- Mountain hiking gears (though for hygienic purposes many guests prefer bringing their own gears)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities and tips (recommended)
- Visa fees and flight tickets
- Costs of items of personal nature
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A maximum of 2 people per booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund