Pioneer Plaza is a public park located in the Convention Center District of Dallas known for its historical significance. In 1994, it was dedicated to the city as a point of significance for the downtown area.
The plaza celebrates the paths that brought settlers to the city and includes native plants and trees and a flowing stream, as well as 49 bronze longhorn steer statues, all of them being driven by three cowboys on horses in a recreation of a typical 19th-century cattle drive. Each steer is six feet tall, and together they are thought to make up the largest bronze sculpture of its kind. It is considered a work in progress, so occasionally another bronze steer is added.
Other features of the park include a waterfall and man-made cliffs. Pioneer Plaza was developed on what was once a 4.2-acre parking lot, and today, it is the largest public space in the downtown business district of Dallas. It is the second most visited landmark in the city, after Dealey Plaza.
Pioneer Plaza is located at 1428 Young Street near the Dallas Convention Center. It is connected to the Pioneer Cemetery.