2-dages tur til Delphi og Meteora fra Athen
Bestil og rejs inden 31. marts 2016, og nyd et 4-stjernet ophold til prisen for et 3-stjernet ophold
- Alle skatter, brændselsafgifter og servicegebyrer inkluderet
- Ledes af en lokal guide
Start your 2-day tour with a pickup from your central Athens hotel or alternatively, make your way to Amalia Hotel near Syntagma Square to meet your guide. Hop on board your air-conditioned coach and then relax on the journey northwest to Delphi.
Stop in the historical spa town of Livadia to stretch your legs, and then continue through the larger town of Arachova to Delphi. Dominating the top of a cliff on the site of Mt Parnassus, the village is home to one of the country’s most famous archeological sites: Ancient Delphi. Head inside the UNESCO World Heritage site for your 1.5-hour walking tour, and learn all about the Ancient Greek civilization in Delphi from your guide. Built on the spot where eagles of the Greek god Zeus collided when released from opposite ends of the Earth, Ancient Delphi is strewn with monuments from the era such as the Sanctuary of Apollo, a highlight of the site.
Enjoy a break for lunch in town (own expense), and then relax on your afternoon journey through central Greece. Gaze out of your window as you cross the Thessalian plains, passing the pretty towns of Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala, and then arrive at your Kalambaka hotel in the early evening. After checking in you can explore town on your own, and finally relax over dinner in your hotel.
Overnight: 4-star Amalia Kalambaka Hotel or 3-star Orfeas Hotel in Kalambaka
Day 2: Kalambaka – Meteora – Thermopylae – Athens (B)
Savor breakfast in your hotel, and then travel to Meteora, your first destination of the day! The UNESCO World Heritage site is home to more than 20 rock monasteries, either perched precariously on top of Meteora’s towering sandstone cliffs or built into the cliffs themselves inside naturally formed caves.
With your guide, visit two of the incredible monasteries and hear fun facts and trivia about the monks who once called them homes. Originally lived in by 11th-century hermits, the monasteries later became safe havens for monks fleeing bloodshed when the Roman Empire began to fall. The two monasteries you may visit are subject to change but typically include Grand Meteora Monastery, Moni Varlaam or Moni Agiou Stefanou.
After your tour of Meteora, return to your coach for your journey back to Athens. The full route lasts around four hours, so enjoy a stop halfway in the coastal town of Thermopylae, near Lamia. Use the break for lunch (own expense), and to stretch your legs while learning about Thermoplylae’s historical battle between the Greek Spartans and Persians.
Travel onward to the Greek capital, and finish your 2-day tour with a drop-off at the start point (your hotel or central Athens) in the early evening.
Seneste billeder af denne tur
Vælg en måned for at se kalenderen over tilgængelighed og afgangstider.
Klik på linket nedenfor for at se pris og ledige pladser på din foretrukne rejsedato. Vores priser opdateres konstant for at sikre, at du altid får den lavest mulige pris.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Overnight accommodation
- Local taxes
- Entrance fee to Ancient Delphi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- One room will be allocated per booking; if more than one room is required please do separate bookings
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible